Privacy notice for Clients/Customers
Under data protection law, individuals have a right to be informed about how a business uses any personal data that we hold about them. We comply with this right by providing ‘privacy notices’ (sometimes called ‘fair processing notices’) to individuals or companies where we are processing personal data.
This privacy notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data.
We, Highworth Town Junior FC, are the ‘data controller’ for the purposes of data protection law.
Our data protection officer can be contacted via ‘Contact us’.
The personal data we hold
We hold data relating to customers and clients. Personal data that we may collect, use, store and share (when appropriate) about you includes, but is not restricted to:
• Contact details
Why we use this data
The purpose of processing this data is to help us run the football club, including to:
• The FA, and league’s your son or daughter may play in.
Our lawful basis for using this data
We only collect and use personal information about you when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use it where we need to:
• Fulfil the membership we have entered into with you
• Comply with a legal obligation
• Carry out a task in the public interest
• Keeping you informed about Highworth Town Juniors.
Where you have provided us with your data, you may withdraw consent to use your data at any time.
Some of the reasons listed above for collecting and using personal information about you overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify the use of your data.
How we store this data
We create and maintain an electronic file and hard copy. The information contained in this file is kept secure and is only used for purposes directly relevant to Highworth Town Juniors.
• Data sharing
We do not share information about you with any third party without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Where it is legally required, or necessary (and it complies with data protection law) we may share personal information about you with:
• Health and Safety Executive – in the event of a reportable incident
• Professional advisers and consultants – in the event of legal proceedings
• Police forces, courts, tribunals – to fulfil our legal obligation
The Football Association, North Wilts Youth and Minor League, Wiltshire Women’s and Girls League. – To fulfil our obligations to play football.
How to access personal information we hold about you.
As a customer and client you have a right to make a ‘subject access request’ to understand what information that the business holds.
If you make a subject access request, and if we do hold information about you, we will:
• Give you a description of it
• Tell you why we are holding and processing it, and how long we will keep it for
• Explain where we got it from, if not from you
• Tell you who it has been, or will be, shared with
• Give you a copy of the information in an intelligible form
You may also have the right for your personal information to be transmitted electronically to another organisation in certain circumstances.
If you would like to make a request, please contact our data protection officer.
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance.
To make a complaint, please contact our data protection officer.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
• Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
• Call 0303 123 1113
• Or write to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you have any questions, concerns or would like more information about anything mentioned in this privacy notice, please contact our data protection officer via ‘Contact Us’